No Widgets found in the Sidebar

## Can I Travel to Europe with a Canadian Travel Document?


Canada is a member of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which allows citizens of participating countries to travel to Europe for up to 90 days without a visa. However, there are some restrictions on who can travel under the VWP.

**Types of Canadian Travel Documents**

There are several types of Canadian travel documents that can be used to travel to Europe under the VWP:

* **Canadian passport:** This is the most common type of travel document used by Canadians to travel abroad.
* **Canadian Refugee Travel Document:** This document is issued to refugees who have been granted asylum in Canada.
* **Canadian Certificate of Identity:** This document is issued to Canadian citizens who do not have a passport or Refugee Travel Document.

**Eligibility Requirements**

To travel to Europe under the VWP, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:

* You must be a citizen of a participating country.
* Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of your intended departure from Europe.
* You cannot have been previously deported from Europe.
* You cannot have been convicted of a serious crime.
* You must have a return ticket or proof of onward travel.

**Participating Countries**

The following countries are participating in the Visa Waiver Program:

* Andorra
* Austria
* Belgium
* Bulgaria
* Croatia
* Cyprus
* Czech Republic
* Denmark
* Estonia
* Finland
* France
* Germany
* Greece
* Hungary
* Iceland
* Italy
* Latvia
* Liechtenstein
* Lithuania
* Luxembourg
* Malta
* Monaco
* Netherlands
* Norway
* Poland
* Portugal
* Romania
* San Marino
* Slovakia
* Slovenia
* Spain
* Sweden
* Switzerland
* United Kingdom

**Applying for a VWP**

You do not need to apply for a VWP in advance. However, you will need to complete an electronic travel authorization (eTA) before you travel. The eTA is a simple online application that takes about 10 minutes to complete.

**Duration of Stay**

You can stay in Europe for up to 90 days under the VWP. You can enter and exit Europe as many times as you want during your 90-day period.


You cannot extend your stay in Europe under the VWP. If you need to stay longer, you will need to apply for a visa.

**Other Considerations**

* **Health insurance:** It is important to have health insurance when you travel to Europe. The VWP does not provide health insurance coverage.
* **Currency:** The euro is the currency used in most European countries. You can exchange your Canadian dollars for euros at banks and exchange bureaus.
* **Language:** English is spoken in many European countries, but it is helpful to learn a few basic phrases in the local language.


If you are a Canadian citizen and you meet the eligibility requirements, you can travel to Europe for up to 90 days without a visa under the VWP. However, you must complete an eTA before you travel.

Read More  Should i travel to europe in june 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *